Kickham Park

John Costigan (Co Chairman) Fr. Jim Egan, Sean Bradshaw (Kickham Treasurer)
Mattie Finnerty (West Chairman) Paudie Slattery (Kickham Chairman) Tim Floyd (Co Sec) Tommy Hayes (Kickham Sec) Eamonn Buckley (West Treasurer)
 
Blessings of Facilities 11th May 2008.
 

Kickham Park.

 

Kickham Park, Dundrum was officially reopened on Sunday 11th May 2008.

The latest development of the facilities commenced in 1999 with the purchase of the wooded area adjacent to the field, This area was then cleared to facilitate a second pitch, We built two new dressing rooms and extended the facilities of the clubhouse. The final part of the development was the completion of the spectator stand and hurling wall.

 

All the facilities looked magnificent on 11th May 2008, when Tipperary played Limerick in a senior Hurling challenge match to mark the occasion.

 

The current field was purchased from Lysaght’s sometime during 1957/58(approx) and developed over the following few years. The biggest job being in 1959, when the pitch was turned to its current position, previously the pitch had run in the other direction.

Previous generations of club members have put a lot of hours into developing and draining the pitch over a number of decades.